[this photo is from February, but Grace is always ready for adventure.]
It’s summer! This is some stuff I’m hoping/planning to do with the children. I borrowed a few of these ideas from my friend Stephanie.
Build a sandcastle at the beach.Well, we went to the beach, and Grace said she was building a castle. I’m counting it!
- Go to the big library downtown.
- Listen to live jazz at LACMA.
Get Grace her NexGen pass.
- Go bowling! We have free passes for the kids, so I just have to pay for shoes and myself.
- Visit The Gentle Barn.
- Draw with sidewalk chalk.
- Visit Cathedral City. (This is both less and more exciting than it sounds–my best friend lives there.)
- Make our own ice cream.
- Go to a drive-in movie.
- Make ice pops.
- Have a picnic in Griffith Park.
- Go to the Santa Monica Pier.
Pick strawberries (or blackberries) at Underwood Family Farm.
- Fly a kite.
See fireworks.Sam stayed up with us on the 4th and we watched from our rooftop porch–not the best view but ideal with Grace already asleep. He thought they were great!
Have I forgotten anything? What’s on your bucket list?